From Andrew's Letter

2:12 PM Michael 0 Comments


"What is most important is that I am trying to do my best for others. I want to surround myself with good people! ...Without thoughtful and caring people like you, I would probably be a mean and grumpy person. Your kind heart and genuine character serve as a model for me. I hope that you will never stop your curiosity for the beautiful things in life. Go on hikes in forests, canyons and mountains, go fishing, research wildlife, and get out of city Life if you can. Surround yourself with good friends who care about your future. Fall in love with someone. Get your heart broken. And then move on and fall in love again. Breathe life every day like it is your first. Find something that you love to do and never stop doing that thing unless you find something else you love more.


Don’t blame others for their mistakes. It makes you weak. You are a strong man who does not need to be weighted down by people who only complain and say negative things. Speak with conviction and believe in yourself because your personal confidence is just as important as your education."


Andrew Pochter, from Chevy Chase, Md., was stabbed to death on June 28 during anti-government protests in Alexandria, Egypt. Andrew's letter is addressed to a child he counseled at Camp Opportunity congratulating him on his graduation.